Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Goodbye 2013!



  We fell asleep hours before midnight New Years Eve. I didn’t even buy champagne because I knew we wouldn't be ringing in the new year proper this time.
  A round of Candy Land, a family dance party and a few Saisons made for a perfect evening even if it was over by 10 pm. 
  But perhaps I’ll buy a bottle of bubbly yet…
  I’ve let two huge milestones slip by this fall without proper celebration.
  This October marked our 10th anniversary with Fort Collins. Although we celebrate our love for the little city in subtle ways every day, I feel we need to do something special for her this year. Perhaps give back in a meaningful way and of course make sure we take advantage of all the things we love about our town but sometimes feel too busy to fully appreciate.We've been humbled by fires and floods this year reminding us everything is temporary.
  This winter also marks Toddlerado’s first anniversary. I have successfully blogged for an entire year. The time has flown by and sometimes I wonder how I’m going to fit writing and taking pictures into our busy life but then I remember how much I love to do both those things, especially with my family.
  I didn’t know what exactly Toddlerado would evolve into when I started. My hope was to inspire and motivate my family to do fun things together while creating a creative outlet for myself.  It's become a way to share important milestones in Layla's life- the adorable, deplorable and hopefully relate-able.
  I received the best reason to keep on blogging over Christmas. One of Layla’s Great Grandmas told me how even though she has only met Layla a couple times, she feels like she knows her. That’s enough for me.
  I’ll keep on writing and taking pictures and will hopefully continue to find things to write about besides our latest trip to Target. I’ll continue to strive to make the most of our time together and take each new adventure as it comes and see what else we can discover in Fort Collins over the next ten years. From parks to events- our own backyard and beyond.  If you are reading this, thank you for being a part of our life this year and I hope it brought you smiles.






















1 comment: